Spring Course Scheduling Reminders
CAP forms are due between 12/4 - 12/21 with proof of college schedule.
- All students must select a Study Skills time regardless of exemption status
- Submit Study Skills exemption with CAP ONLY when eligible; eligible students must have an approved form on file
- Math is required every semester unless a math exemption is submitted w/ supporting documents and CAP and approved by staff
- Winter courses count as part of the number of classes for the spring semester
- Students must follow the NSHS academic plan
- Red scorecards are limited to 3 college courses and have not earned an exemption from spring Study Skills
- Students with a D in any class are limited to 4 college courses
- Students who violate the academic plan may be fined for course discrepancies and receive a $500 fine
- Juniors must be enrolled in 6 courses (including math, English, and social studies)
- Seniors must be enrolled in 4 courses (including math, English, and social studies)
- Extra Class Appeals available on a limited basis; approved appeals must be paid directly to NSHS and not the college. Tuition paid to the college for fall, winter, and spring courses will not be reimbursed.
- Students may submit an extra class appeal if the academic plan allows for 5 college classes and an exemption from Study Skills
- Students in spring Study Skills are limited to 3 college courses; see your Site Administrator for winter/4th class option
- Students are responsible for keeping an updated CAP form on file to avoid fines
- Students are reminded to NOT drop any college classes after the final add/drop date without approval
- All CAP form and exemption related documents can be found in Announcements & Help (no other forms will be accepted)
- Please note the High School Resource Sheet under Announcements & Help for proper class flow and science/elective options
Exemption decisions will be in the parent grade pickup 1/2 - 1/4.