COMPASS Student Updates
2nd years can begin submitting 2 week course exemptions and completing enrollment forms beginning Monday, July 2, 2018 between 8AM-1PM. Exemption proof must be submitted by August 2nd at 1PM or you must attend the 2 week course on August 13th at UNLV. All second year students are REQUIRED to attend the 2 week course UNLESS you complete ONE of the following AND submit proof to NSHS:
- Completion of a summer college class. (Submit a transcript with your grade posted)
- Completion of 60 pre-approved volunteer hours. (MUST be pre-approved PRIOR to submission)
- Completion of a high school course (.5 credits) via CCSD Summer School (provide grade)
Students can submit their 2 week course exemption proof through a help ticket but must submit their enrollment form IN-PERSON at their NSHS home campus. Students are also required to bring the following documents when completing enrollment (available in PDF attached to announcement):
- Updated Income Verification Form (FRL)
- The Student Handbook Acknowledgment page signed by the parent/guardian and student after both have reviewed the document (see "NSHS Student Parent Handbook SY1819" under Main Menu
- Residency Form
- Acceptable Use Policy Form
2nd years will sign your enrollment forms provided by your NSHS campus confirming your re-enrollment into Nevada State High School at this time. Failure to sign your enrollment form will result in payment for your college classes being dropped.
- July 2nd: In-Person Academic Success Meetings begin (sign up under "Fall 2018 Academic Success Meetings" at the top)
- August 2nd: 2-week course exemption deadline
- August 13 - August 24: 2 week course @ UNLV (2nd years who do not exempt)
- August 18: NSHS Annual Car Wash (2nd years recommended to attend)
- August 24: Picture Day @ UNLV (all 2nd years required to attend)
We are looking forward to an exciting year with many motivated students. Please feel free to visit the website, submit a help ticket at help.earlycollegenv.com, or contact the office at (702) 953-2600, if you have any questions.
Update to COMPASS Syllabus: Transitions/Bowlie Hawkins required attendance is February 15, 2019.
Original Post Submitted by Jordan Nelson on July 2, 2018 at 8:49 AM